Chessington: Man in early 20's found dead just two hours after reported missing

By The Editor 8th Dec 2022

Barwell Lane where the man was found (Credit: Google Maps).
Barwell Lane where the man was found (Credit: Google Maps).

Police are investigating after a man in his early 20's was found dead in Chessington just two hours after being reported missing on Wednesday night.

Officers were called to Chessington at just after 11pm last night following concerns for the welfare of the young man who had been reported missing.

At 1am, emergency services were called to Barwell Lane where the man was pronounced dead at the scene.

A harrowing report from the Evening Standard has indicated the young man was discovered by police set alight on the narrow country lane in Chessington, minutes away from the Chessington World of Adventures Theme Park.

Scotland Yard has said they are not treating the death as suspicious "at this time".

A statement from Kingston Police said: "Police were called at 23:11hrs on Wednesday, 7 December following concerns for the welfare of a man reported missing from Chessington.

"At around 01:00hrs emergency services attended Barwell Lane.

"The man, aged in his early 20s, was found deceased. His next of kin have been informed.

'A file will be prepared for the Coroner."

     

Please Donate Kingston. Your Town. Your News. Your Support Matters.

Local news is essential for our community — but it needs your support.
By becoming a monthly supporter, you’ll help us continue delivering reliable local stories and events.
Your support makes a real difference to Kingston.
Monthly supporters will enjoy:
Ad-free experience

Share:


Sign-up for our FREE newsletter...

We want to provide kingston with more and more clickbait-free news.

     

...or become a Supporter.
Kingston. Your Town. Your News.

Local news is essential for our community — but it needs your support.
Your donation makes a real difference.
For monthly donators:
Ad-free experience